WLBF-AM 1240 
Leesburg

Original Call Letters: WLBF 

Originally Licensed: 1947  

Original City of License: Leesburg 

Original Frequency: 1240

Origin of Call Letters: Location; LeesBurg, Florida 

Original Power: 250 Watts

Original Location: Studio/Transmitter: 111 S. Sixth Street

Original Format: Block Programming 


Network Affiliation(s):


Keystone Broadcasting System

111 S. Sixth Street
Original studio location

United Press International


Owner(s):

                                                                                                                                                             
1947-Lake Broadcasting Co.
1949-Paul and Eleanor Hunter


History Of  Call Letters and Formats:


WLBF-1947-Pop
WLBF-1949-Station purchased and shut down


WLBF History
In 1947 Leesburg City Manager, Wilbur Harkness, put 1240 on the air from Leesburg with the calls WLBF-AM. In 1949, the Chicago owners of Liberty Magazine,  Paul and Eleanor Hunter, sold their magazine and came to Central Florida and purchased both WLBF-AM 1240 and WEUS-AM 790. They shut down WLBF-AM, but maintained ownership of WEUS and combined the call letters which became WLBE-AM 790; Leesburg/Eustis. 


Names In WLBF History

P.C. Gorman-1947-President-Lake Broadcasting Co.
Wilbur Harkness-1947-General Manager/Station Manager-Lake Broadcasting Co.
Jim Smith-1947-Chief Announcer-Lake Broadcasting Co.
Carl B. DeLay-1947-Chief Engineer-Lake Broadcasting Co.   In Memory
Donn Ramon Colee-1948-Program Director/Production Manager/Publicity Director/Chief Announcer/Music Director-Lake Broadcasting Co.


Bob Andrews
-1948-Farm Director-Lake Broadcasting Co. Biography   In Memory
Earle Broome-1948-Commercial Manager-Lake Broadcasting Co.
Charles Castle-1948-Chief Engineer-Lake Broadcasting Co.
Paul Hunter-1949-Co-owner
Eleanor Hunter-1949-Co-owner
Eddie Lamar
Jan Garber


WLBF Schedule courtesy of Cindy Waldrep 


What's New
  


Biographies
 


In Memory

Sounds 
AM / FM


Misc.


Links
 


Chronology


What's News?